Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Filler Blog Posting

This is the end of my third full year of blogging. During 2006 and 2007 I averaged about 1 blog posting every 3 days. In 2008 I averaged a miserable 1 posting every 13 days. I can't promise I'll post any more frequently next year to this blog but my creative output should increase through some other projects that are underway for the new year.

Film:
I'm working with director Andy Keen to produce and write a basketball-related feature length documentary film called DUNK! You might be hearing more about this as the project progresses. It is now in production and slated for completion in early 2010.

Visual Art:
I've teamed up with long-time friend Robert Anthony to produce a regular web comic strip that doesn't yet have a name. You will see the first of them in January 2009 and probably on a weekly basis thereafter.

Literary:
I plan on finishing one and possibly 2 novels during the next year. One novel is a sci-fi-psy-phi love story about a physicist while the other is written as a memoir/bio by a philosopher about his troubled childhood artist friend.

Music:
I've got nothing here besides a few Garage Band mixes that I've created on my iMac, but I would be willing to play drums with anyone who'd be interested in jamming.

Plus there's some talk of a podcast with a broadcaster friend of mine and also that screenplay that's been half finished for over 5 years.

If I blog one more filler posting before the year is over I could get my average up closer to once every 12 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently found lots of things to write about after returning to Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for the 1st time since I was a teenager (actually I've been listening to it thru itunes, good buy). Check out this one passage here: http://virtualschool.edu/mon/Quality/PirsigZen/part3.html (the page has a lot of text, but do a page search for the wrod "innovating" to see the part I'm talking about). Not to suggest writer's block or anything, but it's a good passage regardless.

Unknown said...

You know that I've never read Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Relating to that passage; I was trying to help my nephew with his first essay. Rather than starting with a quote that he thought was expected and then repeating it in his own words, I told him to first think about what he wanted to say.

I had some trouble explaining how to use quotations because I wasn't entirely clear about it myself.